Come on now, for Ericsson employees there is no excuse any more for claiming not to have heard or seen an announcement or a news item published by us. Let’s take this morning as a prime example of what goes on behind the scenes in the comms team to bring you the news of Vodafone’s seven year managed service partnership with Ericsson.
- Email sent to all UK employees with summary and link to intranet;
- Press release published on intranet as headline story;
- Created a web poll on the news to gauge reaction/feedback;
- Published on Spotlight TV screens to all UK & Ireland offices in both the scrolling ticker and a separate news page;
- Announced on the internal RSS feed via global intranet;
- Announced on our Twitter feed with link to .com press release;
- Added to the Express forum to encourage discussion on the news;
- …and of course there’s the Spotlight Blog, where you are now.
Is that enough though? With the growth in managed services we now face new challenges in reaching field-based employees. We’re always looking to improve our communications and provide opportunities to give feedback, so I’d love to know what more we can do to ensure we communicate in the right way to you. All ideas and thoughts are very welcome.